Terms and Conditions
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the text materials (i.e. information) on Exploring As We Go’s web site for personal, non-commercial use. Permission is also granted for limited text quotes (one paragraph or less) and image shares on non-commercial websites (e.g. personal social media) as long as the page where the content was originally found is credited with a backlink. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose;
- use the materials in a non-commercial setting without a back link to the original source;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- For commercial image use, our photos are available for purchase. Please email directly at info@ExploringAsWeGo.com.
- For personal image use, either digital or physical copies, our photos are available for purchase. Please email directly at info@ExploringAsWeGo.com.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Exploring As We Go at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Exploring As We Go’s web site are provided “as is”.
Exploring As We Go makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Exploring As We Go does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Exploring As We Go or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Exploring As We Go’s Internet site, even if Exploring As We Go or an Exploring As We Go authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Exploring As We Go’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Exploring As We Go does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Exploring As We Go may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Exploring As We Go does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Exploring As We Go has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Exploring As We Go of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Exploring As We Go’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of USA without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
We are also a participant in other similar affiliate programs. By purchasing through our links we may receive a small commission for all sales.
This blog accepts forms of advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owners of this blog receive compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Recent changes to European privacy laws require us to share how we use data in operation of our sites. Although we are US based and receive primarily US based traffic, we believe in full disclosure for data usage all the same.
As bloggers, we use data rather minimally through 3rd party services such as in our analytics software, ad network, social media pages/profiles, and through our newsletter.
Our personal access to your data is quite minimal, but these services may use your data via your profiles, cookies, location, etc. in order to operate- most all of which is transmitted automatically purely because you are on this site (this would be true just about everywhere online).
But as we believe in full disclosure, we want to dive into greater detail on how data from these services is used on our sites.
Use of Personal Data
To put it simply, we do not require registration for you to use our site.
You are free to use our site and read our articles without submitting your name, email, mailing address, or other personal information to us at all.
If we were to pass you on the street tomorrow, we’d have no way of knowing you were on our site unless you made an effort to tell us so by emailing, talking to us on social media, etc.
However, we do use 3rd party programs which do track some data including demographics and cookies that we want to outline below.
As mentioned above, virtually all websites use services like these- not just us!
1) We use analytics software to monitor our site performance and growth and we do have access to ancillary data about each visitor (Examples: Google Analytics).
The data we have access to here can be read roughly as follows:
“Someone from [IP hosted by Company A] in [City/State] came to our site from [a Pinterest pin] on [date]. They viewed article X, then Y, and then Z. They were on an iPad and spent 15 minutes on our site. On article Z they clicked a link to [Amazon Product] and left our website. This user has visited our site before.”
“X% of our readers are female, Y% of our readers live in the USA, and Z% are over the age 55.”
In either of the above cases, we do not know your name, address, email, phone number, or other comparable information from the above.
If you comment on a blog post, we will see the information submitted (name, email) as well as your IP address. We do not use this data beyond having access to it. You will not be signed up for further notifications unless you check the boxes below the comment area to opt-in for further emails.
We only share broad demographic data when speaking to partners, and only personally use the data to provide a better user experience for you over time.
2) We use a 3rd party advertising network that delivers image-based ads to you in part based on our site’s content, your demographics (via #1 above), and your web usage (via cookies saved on your device).
We do not receive any data from our ad network regarding this, and we do not know what ads are explicitly delivered to you at any time.
3) We use 3rd party social media networks and a mailing list service.
To use these features of our site you must explicitly opt-in by liking a social media profile or submitting your email address. Links and sign up forms for these are available on our site, but they are not required for use.
By opting in, we may have access to your name, email address, and other associated data based on the individual site’s policies.
We do not use personal data (name, email, mailing address, phone number) in any capacity beyond its intended use (i.e. delivering newsletters to subscribers).
4) We participate in 3rd party affiliate programs (Amazon, etc) that may track referral data once you leave our site.
Much like how we can see that someone clicked a link to Amazon from our site (noted in #1 above), these sites can see that we referred you to them and may track this based on their own specific data policies.
Through the affiliate relationship, these sites may send some data back to us over time (such as how many total clicks we’ve sent, what pages/links have resulted in sales, products sold, product cost, timestamp, etc.). We keep this data separate from our general analytics (in #1) at this time. To put it simply, we can see when users leave our site, and we can see when we’ve made sales, but we do not attempt to connect the two on the user level at this time.
Right to Be Forgotten
You have the right to be forgotten on the sites you visit.
If following Exploring As We Go on social media or via our newsletter, you can unsubscribe or unfollow at any time, for any reason. You can remove cookies by clearing your browser history at any time.
We do not use your names/emails or data associated with any specific individual outside of their designated 3rd party services as noted above.
If you would like us to remove any further data, please email us and we’ll be happy to discuss our data policies further and see if we have any further data that can be removed.
But please note that by emailing us to discuss this, you have to tell us more data about yourself than we typically have access to in the first place. Weird, we know, but unfortunately we have to state this in order to be compliant.
If you have any questions regarding how we use data on our sites or any other questions, please email us at info@ExploringAsWeGo.com.